Appel Kuchen Und Streusel Recipes for the KaffeeKlatsch

Schmalzy as it sounds, some of my happiest memories were spent in grandma's kitchen--both grandmas. My grandmothers loved to entertain and they were excellent cooks. Not gourmet. No weird concoctions passed off as haute cuisine. No diet, low-cal, low-fat, flavorless recipes. Just good, home-cooking in the Hollander style. Grampa called Grandma Kinney's womens' clubs, her 'kaffee klatsch'. 'Kaffee klatcsh' is an amalgem of Pig German, Yiddish and Dutch. It loosely translate to "coffee" plus 'talk' or 'gossip'. From kaffeeklatsch's we get delicious coffee cake recipes. Here are my favorite kaffeeklatsch recipes. Made with yummy Michigan apples, these recipes take me back to cozy fall days of childhood. And you'll pardon my mash up of German and Dutch in these recipes. I was raised by Hollanders and I'm married to a German.  Appel Kuchen Und Streusel Recipes for the Kaffee Klatsch